Futura 1

Thread: LS430:Factory Air Suspension

Default LS430:Factory Air Suspension

Up for sale is (4) factory air struts coming off a 2001 Lexus LS430 UL.the factory air fittings has been cut off to accommodate aftermarket air fittings which i was gonna do,but decided to go with an aftermarket air kit instead.while they were on my car everything was okay.no leaks at all and the ride was hella smooth!brand new for 1 strut is $1000+!

Located in Maui,Hawaii
    Price:$500 obo.
    Damn It!Im not a Drug Dealer!
    "It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."

Hey man im new to this forum but am interested in doing a VIP Ls 430. I noticed that you are from Maui, I commute between Big Island and Oahu. But since I am new and learning about the VIP scene I just have some questions like the stock air suspension: is it like the aftermarket air force suspension as for the air part? Im looking to go with that setup but is there anything that I might need to know before going any further? Thanks any help would be great.

Drew

i dont know how it would compare to the Air Force suspension.but design wise its all the same.a shock absorber with a air bag to act like a spring.as long as you get a complete air kit and have someone that has experience with bagging a car you should have no problems.

okay i see. well what type of suspension did you end up going with?

I went with a kit by Universal Air Suspension.this is my second time goin with UAS after having it on my old GS.overall,i like this kit.especially the price and i also like it because it comes with electric valves already instead of manual ones.

yah i see the UAS price is $2300 vs. the AirForce Air/Coilover Suspension which is $2995. But I see there are some notes that one another does not have. like the UAS says they have a blow proof solenoid valve, but doesnt say that it comes with a coilover suspension. I mean im willing to pay the price but I just want to get a reliable and good looking Air suspension. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member

^^^ You may be a little confused.

BAG SETUP
    UAS = Shock + Air Bag (ride low and park even lower)

COILOVER SETUP
    Air Force = Coilover w/ a Air cup (ride low and raise car for speed bump/dips/etc...)

Back on topic. GLWS Shaun.

^^thanks man!

"808 E30" the UAS kit isnt actually a plug and play kit.its basically only the air bags and the rest of the electronics.it doesn't come with any struts.you're gonna have to mount the bags on your existing struts or you can mount them on some coilovers.