Futura 1
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: My name is OJAY and here's my UCF10 build thread!

Default My name is OJAY and here's my UCF10 build thread!

what is up VSC. im here to introduce myself. my name is Ojay from Carson, CA, and here is my 1991 LS400 UCF10. any comments, questions, good or bad, i appreicate the insight! here we go:

^^ when i first picked up my LS400, august '09. im growing up, gettin outta the honda game.

^^ a couple months later i bought universal air suspension from my good buddy ross from midnight garage in buena park. if you need air, look him up! he does good shit.

^^ ass shot. those rims you might remember from ryan's old posts. yea i bought em. then i sold em a few months later!

^^ fitment of the monoblock III's on the front... of course i had to run spacers....

^^ some of you guys might remember dennis aka VIP-UCF selling a legit insurance group kit with fog lights and all? yea i bought it. here's the pics before it was slapped on....

^^ insurance kit installed....

^^ 2nd view.....

^^ quick camera pics of my UCF at ross's shop as he test fits the caps on

^^ front end installed. 1 piece headlights installed too

^^ quarter view of front bumper installed.

oh yea! all of this was in a 7 month time frame so far. i bought the car in 8/09, bought the rims 1 month later in sept. bought the insurance kit another month later. these pics above are during january of this year. continuing on....

^^ before putting the caps on. so much dirt built up on a 20 year old car

^^ another angle...

^^ following day.....

^^ ...

^^ now that my exterior was set up for paint and bodywork... thought id get down with the interior.

( i have an explanation for this. im gonna just show you what i had planned for the interior, but decided not to go this route in the end.)

^^ if you're guessing what kinda fabric... yes thats what it is. LV! haha. at the time i figured "hey some VIP car use a checkered interior design, why not i do it too? i just happen to run into this material and thought id buy it."

^^ started to get crafty....

^^ end result....

been at this for months and youve done more than most peeps on the boards have done in years. Welcome to the last forum youll ever need

edit: with the kit 20s should be fine dude.
    Last edited by Brandicus; 12-01-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Signature made by blkonblk98

One mans commuter is another mans hotrod.

ok so since i scrapped the whole idea of the LV checkered fabric i left that alone for now.

here's the thing though. my car was down and out this whole time at ross's shop from february till now. so while it was just chillen on his parking lot i decided to save up for some high end rollers. i sold ryan's brabus's and put that money toward some 20' work wheels....

^^ exhibit A.

i ordered these mamma jammas at the end of february this year.... didnt receive them till middle of may. not bad. since my car was missing the whole time, it was more of a "out of sight, out of mind" type of deal for my lexus.

^^ not bad for a set of 20' 3 piece WORKS. thats my employee discount before tires!

^^ depth of the rears. low disc in rear of course, and standard disc measurements for my front.

^^ went to work and mounted my tires. heres a shot of my rears mounted and i just finished balancing them. 255/30/20's

^^ fronts. 225/35/20's of course.

^^ a couple months later i visited ross so i can test fit my rims. we already had the fenders rolled and pulled... so with all the time i spent researching on offsets, disc measurements, and so forth... here's a glimpse of what i came up with.

looks good so far.

Love the Insurance kit! 20's are usually way too big on the UCF10 but I think I will have to see the finished product to decide.

goodfeeling.
    UCF31

^^ booty shot. after this fitting, me and ross were debating on pulling the rears just a hair more. and so he did.

another couple months roll by.... and now its november in these next pics! basically, i pulled my car outta ross's shop because he had so much work on his hands to finish my car in the time frame i requested. no hard feelings, he's still the homie... so i brought it back home and decided to take a few shots of the car again with the rims on....

^^ KA-BLAOOWWW!!

now maybe you wanna know my specs? sure i dont care if you know them... after all, they only work with the exact rolling and pulling of my fenders.

20x10.5 + 16 fronts, standard disc

20x11.5 + 10 rears, low disc

^^ side profile.

ok well lemme continue on later today... its almost lunch time and i gotta pick up my girlie and feed her! haha more to come later. thanks for looking guys!!

looking good! cant wait to see the final product!

Want to see where this goes man. I really like the wheels!
    ATSxDPK = Miracle Whips
    The Chronicles StickyDilJoe.com
    ItsJdmYo.com
    Rywire : Falken : Memphis Audio : Autofashion
    This camber shit is getting way to out of hand...

Platinum Member

damn... want some monoblock 3s bad.

Bronze Member

very nice loves those wheels cant wait to see it all finish

Damn those wheels look real good, cant wait to see her all done

Silver Member

Angry

are the pics still posted? I cant see any pics?

Charley

Gold Member

I was a bit bummed when I saw you got rid of the brabus III, but I'm liking those works a lot. Can't wait to see how this comes together.

cool thanks for the love guys i appreciate it. as far as the pics go, they should be working without a problem. the monoblock III's i sold to a guy that lives in gardena, he said he was gonna use them on the older big body s500.

here's more photos i took...

^^ all the way up!

..... yea sorry. i got tons of pics. i guess im just trying to make up for this whole year's progress. thanks again for lookin guys

^^ tryna get crafty with my cell phone pic!

^^ in the dog house...

^^ is that flush enough??

^^ rear wheel/tire sitting more flush as the fender settles in more....

^^ another angle...

...... and thats it. to be continued........ as of now my car is sitting at auto explosion in gardena ca. im sure you guys seen viet nguyen's blue infiniti FX35 thats on air and all fully done up on iforged wheels? well.... thats where my car is at right now.... being worked on by the same body guys. paint and all. ill keep you guys posted. thanks again for all the views and comments!

looks pretty dope to me!

Bronze Member

lovin' the progress.