I switched out my regular incandescent license plate light bulbs with LED bulbs today. I figured why not snap some photos along the way & write up a quick tutorial I know this is hella easy to do, but for the people that don't know, now have a visual on how to do this DIY
Took me about 15 minutes to do.
Tools needed are:
-flat head screwdriver
1) First off, you're gonna have to take off these 2 covers.
2) Using a phillips screwdriver or a socket wrench & an 8mm socket, you need to unscrew these nail/bolts that are holding the covers in place.
3) After unscrewing, disconnect this harness. I used a flat head to push down the clip and pried it out (CAREFULLY!)
4) With the bulb housing disconnected, using a flat head, carefully lift up the tabs (on top & bottom) holding the cover onto the housing & cover comes right off.
5) Replace old bulbs with new white LED bulbs.
6) TEST to see if LED's come on.
7) If it does then , reverse the steps for re-installation & walaa!