Futura 1

Thread: VSC FORUM UPDATES! *Frequent Updates - Please Read*

Exclamation VSC FORUM UPDATES! *Frequent Updates - Please Read*

We've finally implemented two new features into the forums:

Updates Include:1) We now have the iTrader Rating system (aka "Trader Rating"). This is a very popular rating system for when members buy / sell / trade items from each other (presumably within "The Classifieds" section of the forum). iTrader came about because it was a pain to try and maintain a single thread listing with good / bad traders and so far it has worked out quite well.

In order to leave feedback for another member, the transaction has to take place within the VIP Vendor, For Sale, Want to Buy / Trade, or Cars for Sale forums because you will need to provide the thread link as proof that you engaged within a transaction with the other member. Sellers and buyers can both utilize this feedback system. It works just like the E-Bay feedback rating system, for those of you who are familiar.

2) Now, everytime a member receives a new PM in their inbox, a small flashing envelope will be displayed next to the "Welcome, [username]" section on the top right. No more excuses like, "Oh, I didn't know I had any unread PM's for 5 months." lol

More features to come in the near future! I will keep you all updated constantly through this thread.

thats awesome! im glad to hear we have a rating system for sales.

Both nice features I love progress can't wait to see what else is coming...
    The Real bB...almost
    www.bbsquad.org
    the most official bB site stateside

VSC Super Moderator

I like the idea of the flashing PM reminder, I sometimes don't notice right away

UPDATES TODAY - June 8, 2007

Updates Include:1) User online and offline buttons have been updated.

online = green "on" button
    offline = orange "off" button

2) Each forum category is now seperated (on the forum home page) for a more easier viewing, and professional, look.

3) There is now a seperator between sticky threads and normal threads. This makes for easier deciphering between the two when viewing a thread listing within a specific forum.

UPDATES TODAY - June 9, 2007

Updates Include:1) "My Timezone" added to user profiles. You may now view your fellow VSC'ers timezones by checking out their user profile, hence the member has set their timezone up correctly in their User CP.

I never have problems with PM's I just have to click this........

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
    Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

So this new idea is for those that dont know about this feature......... :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by {-.-} View Post
    I never have problems with PM's I just have to click this........

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
    Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

So this new idea is for those that dont know about this feature......... :confused:
    many have expressed that the "pop-up" annoys the crap out of them when, on the other hand, the flashing envelope is "light" and stays out of the way until you're ready to read your unread PM's.

whatever is easier for you Robert, go ahead and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by firelizard
    I like the idea of the flashing PM reminder, I sometimes don't notice right away
    Quote Originally Posted by |crash|
    many have expressed that the "pop-up" annoys the crap out of them when, on the other hand, the flashing envelope is "light" and stays out of the way until you're ready to read your unread PM's.

whatever is easier for you Robert, go ahead and do that.
    Im sure hes not the only one that doesnt notice right away........ its NOT whats best for me its whats best for the user.

Quote Originally Posted by {-.-} View Post
    Im sure hes not the only one that doesnt notice right away........ its NOT whats best for me its whats best for the user.
    and 99.9% of the users are fine with the updates thus far (hence the messages John and I have received).

not to worry, we'll always do our best to cater to the user.

UPDATES TODAY - June 10, 2007

Due to numerous requests, the following modification(s) have been implemented into VSC.

Updates Include:1) Signature only on first post of each page in a thread.

This will cause each and every user's signature to be shown only on the first post they make within each page of a thread vs. on every post they make inside of a thread. This will greatly help reduce "screen clutter" and the amount of pages in a thread being produced. Thus, decreasing the amount of forum bandwidth being occupied by unnecessary information in database tables while, at the same time, helping increase page loading times.

Now for some fun stuff:

2) Need to view your own profile quickly?

There have been a few complaints in regards to users having edited their profiles and not being able to view it right away without having to go through the same repetitive process of finding your own username somewhere in the forum or having to do a member search for it. Now, in the User Control Panel (User CP), you will find a "View My Profile" link at the top of the left side menu for easier viewing of your own profile after you edit it, or just want to check it out.

3) How many times has my profile been viewed?

If you're curious on how many people have viewed your profile, now you can see how many times it has. You can check how many times your profile has been viewed by other members by simply visiting your own profile and checking out the "Profile Views" hit counter.

what happened to the itrader rating feature?

i forgot all about that brianstyles fgt. fake parts rocking ass nga.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAHC View Post
    but all i know is when i hit the pedal and vtec engages, all youre gonna hear is BIPUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BAHC View Post
    ive sucked his weiner