Futura 1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to keep dust off a black car?

forpinks

Default How to keep dust off a black car?

How do you VIP peeps keep the dust of you dark colored car?

I live in Vegas and I get dust sticking to my newly detailed car after a few hours. Is there a little secret VIP sealant or wax? Thanks!

Cali dust mop thingy or a car cover no real secret or special was that i know of .

i wash my car everyday and wax it every weekend....i work by the bay so i get alot of salt water mist on my car every day

Car cover.

Don't use the california duster, unless you wish to have scratches all over your car.

Deal with it, or use a quick detailer, that you can spray on, and wipe off the car with. Keep it in your trunk.

forpinks

I have a cover and I'm afraid to use the Cali duster we have because I could get swirls.

(I have my car for a year now and I barely have a noticeable swirl mark. I do have very little but, it was the dealers fault because they washed my car after I told them not to.)

Park in the garage lol....

just don't drive it. lol.

U just have to deal with it, it's part of the game.

VSC Super Moderator

live with it. Its just dust.

Use those glove type duster made of terry cloth. Work well for me, no spider web at all...

I used to use the California Car Duster until I heard all the horror stories of swirl marks, and I experienced them myself, and I know people say its how you use it, but I still can't get over how there's a possibility of dragging the dust on the paint. I now just deal with the dust and wash the car after it builds up too much.
    Last edited by Benji; 03-16-2008 at 07:57 PM.

UCF30 - Current
    W208 - Current
    UZZ30 - Sold
    UCF20 - Sold
    G50 - Sold
    Y33 - Sold

Gold Member

clean it real good...polish it...wax it...twice...go to costco...buy a big pack of microfiber towels...wipe your ride down every day...keep it waxed once a month...

The wax you use helps a little. I had waxed the car a few days prior to taking out some bad scratches with rubbing compound. The spots where I used the rubbing compound had more dust then everywhere else.

BTW, I use meguire's nxt synthetic and meguires yellow #26 organic.

forpinks

I always have my tC in the garage (covered) and I polish it every 6months with a Klasse "A-I-O" with my PC 7424 and I regularly wax it monthly with 100% carnauba or if not, I use Meg's NXT. I also don't bother dusting it because it could simply get huge swirls so, I just wash it with Auto Dry once a month.

I didn't know having a black car is such a pain in the ass. So there is no way to reduce dust from sticking to my car in a couple of hours?

It sucks when my girlfriend keeps telling me to wash my car, even though I just spent 2-4 hours detailing it, and only after a few hours before your date, it's already lightly dusty. I would be nice to keep the "show time" look for say... a day or 2.

I wonder why limos stay clean all the time??? (Anyway. thanks for the tips!)

Limos have driver to take care of the dust .

One more thing, its normal to think that other people cars is cleaner than yours, no matter how often you clean & detail your car. It happen to me. Just wash & wax it (I wash twice a week & wax once a month) then you'll be fine.

Gold Member

aside from detailing your car with all the zaino products (most of us never have that much time)...you can also use meguiare's nxt generation wax...we use it on most solid black cars at the shop...also works well with hiding swirls...

Every detailer I know uses Cali dusters on their cars, you just don't put ANY pressure on it at all, just let it glide over the paint. However, if you don't live in a dry climate, I wouldn't use it so much. Once your car gets dew / atmospheric moisture on it, the dust sticks when it dries out in the morning, etc.. But if you're somewhere dry like Vegas, or most of SoCal, go for it.

I typically wash once every other week, and dust / spray detail in between, looks perfect, no swirls. Clay bar once a year, looks great.
    シンプル
    I did it my way - Frank Sinatra

My friend has a black cressida and he just uses some quick cleaner and a microfiber towel takes about 5min.

VIPstatus671

black will always give you swirls!
    its inevitable to keep black sooo imaculate

Man, I was using this steam cleaner at my gf's work place to clean my shoes and I was wondering if they have portable steam cleaners that can be use to clean cars. All it is is warm water that washes at high pressure but dry up quickly so that it doesn't leave spots. Well, no idea if it'll work....but I wonder if it will.

eh, nevermind......I don't think it's a good idea to use on your paint...